Sport (and exercise) is beneficial for health, but through it, we discover lots of values such as friendship or fair play. It is vital that if you want your kid to practice some sort of sport, you teach the value of respect for the challenger and yourself, and as a parent, you provide an example with your behavior.
We typically see on television that sports competition cases wind up in battles between players, their moms, and dads or other viewers, providing a bad example to kids who will one day be grownups. For that reason, we have rescued this code of fair play- FIFA 10 guidelines of fair play in the sport that we should never forget, regardless, we are grownups or children.
The code of fair plays in football and other sports
- Play fair. Teach your child that victory loses its value if it is not conquered honestly. Cheating is simple but does not provide the satisfaction of winning by the true benefits. In addition, fair play is often rewarded: you earn the respect of others, while cheating just creates contempt.
- Play to win but defeat with dignity. You need to play to win even when we believe we have opportunities: self-improvement is always necessary. However, often you win and in some cases, you lose, and you need to accept it and learn how to lose with a smile. Prepare your kid in such a way that s/he has the capability to congratulate the winner and work to do better next time.
- Comply with the rules of the game. All sports and video games require rules to assist us, so it must be comprehended to much better comprehend the game and therefore be better players.
- Respect the challengers, peers themselves, officials, viewers and referees. Respect is also a part of the game.
- Promote the interests of football. Football is the primary sport practiced worldwide, but it is good to review whether our behavior in the field can wind up undermining their eminence. For that reason, from the FIFA has been invited to disseminate the positive aspects of football for everyone to enjoy this sport.
- Honor those who protect football’s good reputation. This is related to the above. As well described by this company, the great reputation of football has actually made it through since the players who practice and promote it are honest and great, although there are exceptions. Do not be one of those who injure the sport.
- Rejection. Yes, when we select sport, we should turn down specific things: corruption, drugs, gaming, violence and bigotry. Do not be involved with this if you are associated to sport because football is a sport and as such, is a symbol of peace and unity.
- Assist. If you must, reject particular unfavorable practices and help others to do so. Temptations exist so that mutual support will provide you strength to withstand.
- Denounce those who challenge the sport. If you are certain that someone promotes bad practices such as deceptiveness, do not be reluctant to warn your children not to do these things. It is much better to reveal the world in its true face prior to it does more damage.
- Sport is a method to improve the world. Sport and, within it, football can be utilized to turn the world into a place where we can be treated with respect. Utilize this platform to promote important values such as peace, health, equality and education for all.